Friday, January 24, 2014

Waiting Patiently

Birth kit. Swaddle cloths. Cloth diapers. All ready for Isa's arrival.
Week 38. Day 3.

Patiently waiting for Isa. Today is another day of prenatal check-up at Kaiser. Isa's heartbeat is strong and she is measuring perfectly in my belly at 38cm. Everything is pretty much ready at this point. We just have to "rehearse" filling the bath tub with water and how we're gonna be setting it up in our living room. 

We already have our new stoller set up. Car seat is set up too. We got a travel system that is both a stroller and a car seat. Thanks to  my Mom who gifted this. It's now sitting in our living room. Aaron talks to the stoller  imagining Isa is there when he arrives from work. I think the stroller is making him feel like he is more connected to this whole birth process. It's kinda interesting.


Muddy Waters - Tea before prenatal yoga class

This morning, I went to Jane Austin's class at Yoga Tree for my prenatal yoga. It's always nice to go to class. I think more than anything else, going to my class helps me focus on Isa and her arrival. It helps me be in tune with her. I can't help but sometimes feel a slight paranoia if I'm doing enough to take care of her while she is in my belly. Or I'm doing enough to take care of myself. When I go to class, or when I do my yoga practice, I realize that there is really nothing to worry about. Everyday, I set my intention of being really mindful of my pregnancy and visualizing a healthy, happy birth for me and my family. I do the best I can, yoga, exercise, food, etc. There is nothing to worry about.

Belly Cast - Week 35. Day 5

This weekend, I wanna set up a little altar for Isa and the birth with offerings, candles, incense and all sorts of fun things. A friend of mine is gonna help me do this. I wanna start preparing the energy of our home. I am very excited about it. I've already picked some songs that I would like to Innerdance or sing to during my birth. It's gonna be a mix of, Eternal OM, Joey Ayala, Bayang Barrios, Morcheeba, Cynthia Alexander, there's gonna be more. I'm just collecting songs as I go along that speaks to my heart. Ah! I'm excited it's gonna be beautiful. I wanna sing and dance to Isa while she's transitioning. While we are both transitioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment